Download Endowment Form (PDF) or donate online by clicking the below Donate button.
On July 19, 2010, the Grand Lodge Daughters of Norway Endowment Fund was established at the Centennial Convention in Tacoma WA. The endowment is an ongoing fund that will be held in perpetuity and will provide a renewable income in the form of interest on the invested principal. The principal of this endowment fund is not to be spent; only the investment earnings are available for spending purposes. The fund will be used for educational, charitable and literary endeavors. These are defined and/or restricted by the Endowment Fund Guidelines, the Daughters of Norway Constitution and the IRS.
Example of Uses
- Expanding the number of educational and cultural programs offered by the organization
- Providing educational grants and scholarships to qualified students
- Providing educational and cultural grants to subordinate lodges for special projects
- Contributing to approved nordic monuments in both the USA and Norway
- Sponsoring artists and speakers from Norway at Grand Lodge conventions and other approved cultural programs
- Establishing new lodges across America, Canada and Norway
- Revitalizing lodges
- Supporting other Scandinavian institutions, dedications and historic events
- Procuring Norwegian artifacts and archival materials
- Ensuring the stability and longevity of the Daughters of Norway.
A gift of any size helps in achieving the goal of securing and preserving our heritage. Donations may be tax deductible in accordance with the rules of the IRS. Daughters of Norway is a 501(c)(8) tax-exempt non-profit organization. Download the form at the top of this page. Mailing details are found on the form.